Data protection has the highest priority for us. We know that careful handling of your personal information is important to you. This is why we handle your data by strictly observing the valid provisions under data protection law. This applies in particular to the processing of your personal data.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data includes all the data, which relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible person in accordance with Art. 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Hitachi Kokusai Electric Europe GmbH, Siemensstraße 9, 63263 Neu-Isenburg, Germany, Email: email@example.com.
(3) When you first make contact with us by email or via our contact form, the data you provided (e.g. your email address and your name) are stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this connection after storage is no longer necessary or we restrict processing if there are statutory obligations to retain data.
(4) If we would like to access service-providers instructed by us for individual functions of our range or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you about the relevant procedures below. In doing so we will also mention the criteria of the retention duration stipulated.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data, which we have processed. In particular you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or withdrawal, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, insofar as this was not collected by us, as well as regarding the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and if applicable meaningful information about the details of the latter;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to request the immediate correction of incorrect personal data stored by us or completion of the latter;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, insofar as processing is not required to exercise the right of freedom of opinion and information, to satisfy a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its deletion and we no longer require the data, but you require the latter to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you have submitted an objection to processing;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another responsible person;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, to withdraw the consent you once granted to us at any time. This means that we are no longer permitted to process the data, on which this consent was based, in future
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us (see § 77 GDPR).
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When merely using our website for informational purposes, in other words when you do not register or send us other information, we collect only the personal data, which your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical purposes to display our website to you and ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted in each case
- Website, from which the request comes
- Operating system and its surface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files, which are stored on your hard disc by the browser you use, and through which the agency setting the cookie (here it is us) is provided with certain information. Cookies cannot carry out programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the services offered by the Internet more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and mode of operation can be explained as follows:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes session cookies in particular. The latter store a so-called Session-ID, with which various inquiries to your browser are assigned to the joint session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. Session-cookies are deleted when you logout or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a prescribed period of time, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings on your browser.
d) You can configure your browser setting in line with your wishes and for example reject acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Transmission of data
Transmission of your personal data to a third party for purposes other than those listed below will not take place.
We transmit your personal data to a third party only, if:
- in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a GDPR, you have expressly granted consent for this,
- transmission is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercising or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest requiring protection in the non-transmission of your data,
- in the event that a statutory obligation exists for transmission in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is permitted by law and is required in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. b GDPR for processing contractual relationships with you.
§ 5 Withdrawal or objection to processing your data
(1) If you have granted consent for the processing of your data, you can withdraw this at any time. Such a withdrawal affects the permission to process your personal data, after you have given it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on balancing different interests, you can submit a complaint against processing. This is the case if processing is in particular not necessary to satisfy a contract with you, which is presented by us in each case with the following description of the functions. When making such a complaint, we request a statement of the reasons, why we should not process your personal data as implemented by us. In the event of your complaint being justified, we will check the facts and either cease or adjust data processing or provide our reasons for protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) Naturally you can withdraw consent to process your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your withdrawal of consent for advertising under the following contact details (in writing or by email): Hitachi Kokusai Electric Europe GmbH, Siemensstraße 9, 63263 Neu-Isenburg, Germany, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 6 Newsletter
(1) Your consent will enable you to subscribe to our Newsletter, with which we can inform you about our latest interesting offers. The goods and services advertised are mentioned in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for registrations to receive our Newsletter. This means that after your registration, we send you an email to the email address provided, in which we ask you for confirmation that you wish to be sent the Newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and after one month it will be deleted automatically. Furthermore, we store the IP addresses you have used and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to provide evidence of your registration and if applicable to be able to rectify any misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only compulsory information required to send the Newsletter is your email address. The provision of additional, specifically marked data is voluntary and this is used to be able to contact you in a personal manner. After your confirmation, we store your email address for the purpose of sending the Newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to receive the Newsletter at any time and unsubscribe the Newsletter. You can declare the withdrawal by clicking the link provided in every Newsletter email, by email to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contacts given in the company details.
§ 7 Use of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., for needs-base arrangement of data and for continuous optimisation of our web pages (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this connection pseudonymous usage profiles are drawn up and cookies (see Section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/ version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer-URL (previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server inquiry,
will be transmitted to a server belonging to Google in the USA and saved there. The information is used to assess the use of the website, to compile reports about website activities and to provide services associated with the website use and Internet use for the purposes of market research and needs-based arrangement of these web pages. This information may also be transmitted to a third party, insofar as this is prescribed by law or insofar as a third party processes this data on our instructions. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that they cannot be assigned (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies through a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case not all the functions of this website may be able to be used in full.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent collection of data by Google Analytics, by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is provided, which will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie applies only to this browser and only to our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must re-set the opt-out cookie.
You can find out further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics in Google Analytics-Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
§ 8 Use of YouTube
(1) We have incorporated YouTube videos in our online range, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and which can be played directly from our website.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have retrieved the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned in § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. This will take place regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account, via which you are logged in, or whether there is no user account. When you are logged in to Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish this assignment in your profile with YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube will store your data as a usage profile and will use it for advertising purposes, market research and/or the needs-based arrangement of its website. Such an assessment will take place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide tailored advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the creation of these usage profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise the latter.
(3) You can find further information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube in the data protection declaration. There you will also receive further information about your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has made itself subject to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 Involvement of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the services of Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps directly in the website and make it more convenient for you to use the map function.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have retrieved from the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. This tales place regardless of whether Google provides a user account via which you are logged in, or whether there is no user account. When you are logged in to Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish it to be assigned to your profile at Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a usage profile and uses it for advertising purposes, market research and/or the needs-based arrangement of its website. Such an assessment will take place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide tailored advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the creation of these usage profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise the latter.
(3) You can find further information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider in the provider’s data protection declarations. There you will also receive further information about your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has made itself subject to the EU-US privacy shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 10 Amendment to the data protection declaration
We retain the right to amend or adjust this data protection declaration at any time by observing the valid data protection provisions.
Status: May 2018